Do I need to be in shape before starting CrossFit?
How do I get started?
What do all these acronyms mean?
WOD – Workout of the Day
AMRAP – As Many Rounds as Possible
EMOM – Every Minute, On the Minute
C2B – Chest to bar
T2B – Toes to bar
DU – Double Under
HSPU – Handstand Push-Up
Why does this cost so much?
I see there’s other CrossFit gyms around. Are all CrossFit gyms the same thing?
- A few things to consider:
- How long has the gym been around? CrossFit has grown exponentially in the past few years, and it’s fairly easy to start your own CrossFit gym. There’s many available CrossFit gyms in the area, but CrossFit RVA is Richmond, VA’s first CrossFit Gym (not to mention Central VA’s first as well).
- How experienced are their instructors? CrossFit RVA’s instructors come from a variety of backgrounds, but all have been training with CrossFit methods for at least three years, and most of our instructors have a minimum of two years experience training others. As CrossFit RVA frequently hosts subject matter experts to further the knowledge of our members, our instructors benefit by constantly being exposed to new training methods. Our instructors have also competed in Olympic weightlifting, Strongman, endurance sports, and of course, CrossFit.
- Are they professional, presenting a good website, and responding quickly to email/phone calls? This speaks for itself. If a gym doesn’t put energy into a professional appearance, there’s likely other areas they are lacking in as well.
- Do they have a convenient schedule? Check out our schedule. We have classes throughout the day, beginner’s classes five nights a week, and multiple free trial options.
- Do they provide services outside of the CrossFit classes? CrossFit is what we focus our efforts on, but we have other programs that we feel are complimentary to CrossFit. Check out Yoga RVA, RVA Endurance, and River City Massage